CorSwiss, in partnership with one of the world's leading rehabilitation centers, Kusnacht Practice, offers treatment for anxiety disorders in Switzerland at the highest level of care.
Anxiety disorders can be treated without the use of drugs
It is important to recognize that anxiety disorders are based on a combination of physical, psychological, biochemical, genetic and social factors.
- Treatment for Bipolar Disorder
- Treatment of generalized anxiety disorder - GAD
- Treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Treatment of phobias
- Post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD
We use comprehensive laboratory tests to identify physical, biochemical, and neurochemical imbalances. We believe that clients have little chance of recovery until their neurochemistry functions properly.
For one in 10 people, anxiety prevents them from living a full life. Excessive anxiety is often associated with other mental disorders, such as depression. Such manifestations are considered a mental problem only when they last a long time and interfere with leading a normal lifestyle.
Anxiety disorders are conditions in which intense or prolonged feelings of anxiety disrupt daily life. Anxiety disorders are divided into the following types:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Acute Stress Disorder (ASD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Everyone experiences anxiety when faced with a stressful situation - on the eve of an exam or interview, or during stressful times, such as during illness. It is normal to feel anxious when faced with something difficult or dangerous, and mild anxiety can be a beneficial experience.
Physical symptoms of anxiety disorders
The cause of these symptoms is the body's defensive response, the so-called "fight or flight", caused by the release of adrenaline, the stress hormone. Symptoms may include:
- Discomfort in the abdominal cavity (stomach)
- Dry mouth
- Increased heart rate and palpitations
- Pressure or pain in the chest
- Labored breathing
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty swallowing
- Problems sleeping (insomnia)
- Constant feeling of restlessness or worry
- Feeling tired
- Irritability or short temper
- Inability to concentrate
- Fear of going crazy
- Feelings of being unable to control your actions or feeling distant from the world around you (derealization)
Self-harm or suicide
Sometimes, the manifestation of anxiety disorders, along with other conditions such as depression, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder, can lead to self-harm or suicide.
We use DPDG (Dermatoglyphic and Pathodermal Diagnostic Geneticity) and other psychotherapeutic approaches to treat the psychological causes of this disorder.
Self-help and additional forms of therapy are usually used to achieve and maintain a low level of stress, including self-hypnosis, the butterfly DPDG technique, biofeedback, yoga, meditation, acupuncture, reflexology, massage, and aromatherapy.
We offer a Family Therapy program that includes an individualized treatment plan for each family member. It may involve treating one or several family members who undergo their treatment program for some or all of the client's treatment period.
Our intensive Aftercare Program includes the return of a mentor with the client at home, daily phone calls during the first critical period, and, if necessary, reconnecting with the client's environment. We also encourage clients to visit the clinic or have monthly and then quarterly visits by Kusnacht staff during the first year, with a reduced frequency of visits by the end of the second year.
We treat the whole person: body, mind and soul
- Our main task is to identify and treat the main causes of psychotrauma - physical, psychological, biochemical and social.
- Upon arrival, we direct our clients to our partner clinic (Mannedorf Hospital), where they are under the care of our chief physicians and clinical directors for 2 to 7 days to safely detoxify from the substances they have been using. We ensure that clients do not experience seizures or discomfort related to withdrawal symptoms.
- During their hospitalization, clients undergo a comprehensive medical examination, including all necessary biochemical tests and psychiatric assessments. At the same time, an addiction specialist conducts consultations related to physical dependence, provides their assessment, and our orthomolecular medicine specialist conducts biochemical testing and assesses the client's lifestyle.
- Based on the results of these examinations, we develop a detailed treatment plan, which typically takes 1 to 3 months.
- Following this, you are accommodated in luxurious apartments or another agreed-upon place of residence, where you will be the sole client.
- The treatment for the underlying causes of drug addiction involves developing an individual composition of essential nutrients and amino acids to normalize any identified deficiencies, determined through biochemistry and neurochemistry analysis.
- Medications are prescribed only as a last resort when the symptoms are severe and do not respond to biochemical restoration and other forms of therapy. Our goal is to cleanse the patients' bodies of drugs and, equally importantly, without their side effects.
- When possible, we invite the most important members of the client's family to participate in a 2-day family therapy program during their treatment. While this is not mandatory, we strongly recommend it. Family members learn more about the disorders affecting their loved ones. This therapy can lead to family members deciding to seek treatment for their own issues related to dysfunctional behavior and pain.
- Post-treatment support is crucial for long-term recovery. While it is relatively easy for clients to remain abstinent in a clinical setting, they need to stay abstinent and continue their recovery after returning home. To address this challenge, we have a post-treatment support program that may include the work of a mentor or psychotherapist who returns home with the client to support their reintegration into their normal home environment, family, work, school, and friends. Additionally, the psychotherapist helps the client adapt their lifestyle to the recovery program. Other elements of the program may involve daily phone or Skype calls during the initial critical period, visits to the Kusnacht clinic (or home visits by one of our medical team members) initially on a monthly basis, and later on a quarterly basis during the first year, gradually reducing in frequency by the end of the second year. Post-treatment support can last from a few days to two years, and when combined with 12-Step support groups, significantly increases the likelihood of long-term recovery.
Unique and effective approach
We work with clients to help them regain control over their symptoms, recover from trauma, and develop the necessary skills to break free from addictive behavior and thinking in their daily lives. We use medication only as a last resort. Treatment may include some or all of the following components:
- Detoxification aims to rid the body of toxins that have accumulated from the environment, food, water, and medications. To achieve this goal, various methods are employed, all under medical supervision.
- Laboratory analyses are conducted to determine the biochemical and neurochemical imbalances of each client. Based on these results, we generate a computer-generated formula of micronutrients and amino acids to restore the biochemical and neurochemical balance. This formula is as unique as the client's fingerprints. The laboratory data is also used to determine the menu prepared by the client's personal chef to maximize the restoration of biochemical and neurochemical processes.
- Psychotherapy is used to identify and treat the underlying psychological issues that led to addiction and other mental, personality, social, or family problems identified in the treatment plan. Psychotherapy may include:
- Cognitive treatment methods
- Clinical hypnotherapy/trance work
- Mindfulness practice
- Somatic experiences
- EMDR to remove triggers and stressors
- Positive psychology
- Family therapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) - the use of magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to alleviate symptoms of depression.
- My Brain SolutionsTM Therapy - scientifically developed computer exercises aimed at improving attention, memory, flexibility, reducing stress, and promoting positivity.
- The Balancing Life Project therapy is aimed at helping the client define their life goals.
- Additional treatment methods include:
- Individual training
- Art and music therapy
- Satori chair sessions
- Alpha-Stim sessions for pain reduction, anxiety, depression, or insomnia
- Use of the SPA at the Dolder Grand Hotel
- Diet and lifestyle tips
- An intensive psycho-educational program, including readings on relevant topics for each client and family member participating in the treatment program.
- Spiritual counseling.
- Two-day Family Therapy program.
- Providing an intensive program of post-treatment support for the client and family members, which often includes a mentor returning home with the client to help him adjust to his new life.
Treatment for Bipolar Disorder
We treat one patient at a time. This means that our clients live in a clinic with a psychologist of the same gender and receive 6-8 hours of individual treatment daily. They are supported by our team of doctors, psychotherapists and complementary therapists.
The approach outlined below is an overview. Our clinical approach is based on a treatment plan developed specifically to meet the client's needs and is based on:
- Information from their medical file and comprehensive medical assessments.
- Four separate analyses: genetic, toxicological, adrenal function, and biochemical (including neurochemistry).
- Analyses we conduct during their first one or two days with us.
We consider the whole person: body, mind, and soul. Our goal is for the client to leave Kusnacht Clinic with the knowledge and skills necessary for a happy and productive life, free from negative symptoms.
Treatment of generalized anxiety disorder - GAD
It is important to recognize that anxiety disorders are based on physical, psychological, biochemical, genetic and social factors. Our goal is to identify the root causes of addiction and restore healthy self-perception and coping mechanisms so that our clients can lead normal lives. To achieve this goal, we treat the whole person: body, mind and soul.
Treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
It's important to recognize that OCD has physical, psychological, biochemical, genetic, and social factors at its core. Our goal is to identify the underlying causes of addiction and restore healthy self-perception and coping mechanisms so that our clients can lead normal lives.
Usually, OCD symptoms can be alleviated by correcting the imbalance in brain chemistry and the central nervous system. Instead of prescription drugs, diets, nutritional supplements, and amino acid therapy are often used to achieve this goal.
Psychotherapy in Switzerland
With psychotherapy, we identify the core issues that led to the development of OCD and work to address these problems. Our main psychotherapeutic tools include cognitive-behavioral therapy, DPDG, hypnotherapy, and positive psychology.
Treatment of phobias
It's important to recognize that phobias have physical, psychological, biochemical, genetic, and social factors at their core. Our goal is to identify the underlying causes of dependence and restore healthy self-perception and coping mechanisms, enabling our clients to lead a normal life.
In many cases, phobia symptoms can be alleviated by correcting imbalances in brain chemistry and the central nervous system. Instead of prescription medications, diets, dietary supplements, and amino acid therapy are often used to achieve this goal.
Post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD
Typically, symptoms of PTSD can be alleviated by correcting imbalances in brain chemistry and the central nervous system. Instead of prescription medications, diets, dietary supplements, and amino acid therapy are often used to achieve this goal.
We employ DPDG for treating PTSD. We identify and process distressing material from the past, then eliminate existing triggers, and finally introduce a model for future psychological adaptation.
We assist our clients in learning relaxation methods, including self-hypnosis, DPDG, and biofeedback.
It's important to recognize that the foundation of PTSD disorders consists of a combination of physical, psychological, biochemical, genetic, and social factors. Our goal is to identify the underlying causes of dependence and restore healthy self-perception and coping mechanisms, enabling our clients to lead a normal life.