Gaming is becoming more and more active in our lives, and its variety and negative impact on people is growing, which is why gaming addiction treatment in Switzerland is becoming an increasingly popular service. CorSwiss organises treatment for this harmful habit in one of the best rehabilitation centres in the world - Kusnacht Practice Clinic. Here you will be offered not only progressive methods of addiction treatment, but also an exclusive level of service and comfort.
Gaming addiction often leads to suicide. Slot machines, blackjack, bingo, billiards, horse racing and visiting casinos - for most people it is just a harmless, stress-relieving pastime. However, for some people, this fun pastime can turn into a disease that can destroy both the person and everyone around them.
- Identifying and Treating the Causes of Psychological Trauma
- Minimizing Discomfort from Withdrawal Symptoms
- Comprehensive Medical Examination
- All Biochemical Analyses
- Psychiatric Assessment
- Development of a Detailed Treatment Plan
- Aftercare Support
«Any bets or wagers, whether for oneself or others, for money or not, regardless of the degree of ease or insignificance, where the outcome is uncertain and dependent on chance or 'skills,' constitutes gambling.»
Over time, the recreational gambler becomes an addict, betting big and risking a lot of money for the thrill. Avid gamblers tend to risk more and more as their disease progresses.
Many of them have either already attempted suicide or have done so. Gaming addiction treatment in Switzerland can be a life-saving solution for you and your loved ones.
We treat a person's pathological addiction to gaming
- Our main task is to identify and treat the main causes of psychotrauma - physical, psychological, biochemical and social.
- Upon arrival, we direct our clients to our partner clinic (Mannedorf Hospital), where they are under the care of our chief physicians and clinical directors for 2 to 7 days to safely detoxify from the substances they have been using. We ensure that clients do not experience seizures or discomfort related to withdrawal symptoms.
- During their hospitalization, clients undergo a comprehensive medical examination, including all necessary biochemical tests and psychiatric assessments. At the same time, an addiction specialist conducts consultations related to physical dependence, provides their assessment, and our orthomolecular medicine specialist conducts biochemical testing and assesses the client's lifestyle.
- Based on the results of these examinations, we develop a detailed treatment plan, which typically takes 1 to 3 months.
- Following this, you are accommodated in luxurious apartments or another agreed-upon place of residence, where you will be the sole client.
- The treatment for the underlying causes of drug addiction involves developing an individual composition of essential nutrients and amino acids to normalize any identified deficiencies, determined through biochemistry and neurochemistry analysis.
- Medications are prescribed only as a last resort when the symptoms are severe and do not respond to biochemical restoration and other forms of therapy. Our goal is to cleanse the patients' bodies of drugs and, equally importantly, without their side effects.
- When possible, we invite the most important members of the client's family to participate in a 2-day family therapy program during their treatment. While this is not mandatory, we strongly recommend it. Family members learn more about the disorders affecting their loved ones. This therapy can lead to family members deciding to seek treatment for their own issues related to dysfunctional behavior and pain.
- Post-treatment support is crucial for long-term recovery. While it is relatively easy for clients to remain abstinent in a clinical setting, they need to stay abstinent and continue their recovery after returning home. To address this challenge, we have a post-treatment support program that may include the work of a mentor or psychotherapist who returns home with the client to support their reintegration into their normal home environment, family, work, school, and friends. Additionally, the psychotherapist helps the client adapt their lifestyle to the recovery program. Other elements of the program may involve daily phone or Skype calls during the initial critical period, visits to the Kusnacht clinic (or home visits by one of our medical team members) initially on a monthly basis, and later on a quarterly basis during the first year, gradually reducing in frequency by the end of the second year. Post-treatment support can last from a few days to two years, and when combined with 12-Step support groups, significantly increases the likelihood of long-term recovery.
We work with clients to help them regain control of their symptoms, overcome trauma, and provide them with the opportunity to develop the necessary skills to break free from addictive behavior and thinking in their daily lives. We use medications only as a last resort, making the treatment of gaming addiction in Switzerland as minimally harmful to the body as possible. Treatment may include some or all of the following components:
Treatment for gaming addiction in Switzerland may include some or all of the following components
- Detoxification aims to rid the body of toxins that have accumulated from the environment, food, water, and medications. To achieve this goal, various methods are employed, all under medical supervision.
- Laboratory analyses are conducted to determine the biochemical and neurochemical imbalances of each client. Based on these results, we generate a computer-generated formula of micronutrients and amino acids to restore the biochemical and neurochemical balance. This formula is as unique as the client's fingerprints. The laboratory data is also used to determine the menu prepared by the client's personal chef to maximize the restoration of biochemical and neurochemical processes.
- The Balancing Life Project therapy is aimed at helping the client define their life goals.
- Psychotherapy is used to identify and treat the underlying psychological issues that led to addiction and other mental, personality, social, or family problems identified in the treatment plan. Psychotherapy may include:
- Cognitive treatment methods
- Clinical hypnotherapy / trance work
- Mindfulness practice
- Somatic experiences
- EMDR to remove triggers and stressors
- Positive psychology
- Family therapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) - the use of magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to alleviate symptoms of depression.
- My Brain SolutionsTM Therapy - scientifically developed computer exercises aimed at improving attention, memory, flexibility, reducing stress, and promoting positivity.
- Additional treatment methods include:
- Individual training
- Art and music therapy
- Satori chair sessions
- Alpha-Stim sessions for pain reduction, anxiety, depression, or insomnia
- Utilizing the spa at the Dolder Grand Hotel
- Diet and Lifestyle Tips
- An intensive psycho-educational program, including readings on relevant topics for each client and family member participating in the treatment program.
- Spiritual counseling.
- Two-day Family Therapy program.
- Providing an intensive program of post-treatment support for the client and their family, which often includes a mentor returning home with the client to help them adjust to their new life.