The CorSwiss team organizes the treatment of chronic pain in Switzerland through collaborations with renowned clinics like Genolier and Kusnacht Practice. These private medical institutions are known for their specialization in pain therapies, and they house leading global specialists in this field. In addition to the top-notch medical care you'll receive, you will be accommodated in comfortable conditions akin to 5-star hotels.
Emotional problems often serve as a primary cause of chronic pain. A popular alternative definition of chronic pain, which doesn't specify a fixed duration, is "pain that extends beyond the expected period of healing." We utilize comprehensive laboratory tests to identify physical, biochemical, and neurochemical imbalances.
We can help answer questions such as:
- Why does the pain exist?
- What's the difference between acute and chronic pain?
- How much of the pain is related to emotions?
- Why won't the pain simply go away?
- What makes the pain better or worse?
- Can I ever be pain-free?
- Why do I have to do things that hurt to get better?
- How does chronic pain affect my family?
- How can I heal from chronic pain?
- Why am I holding onto my pain?
The pain can't be ignored
We believe that for clients seeking treatment for chronic pain in Switzerland, there will be little chance of recovery until their neurochemistry functions properly. We have all experienced various types of pain, whether it's the sharp pain from an open wound, the throbbing of a headache, or the acute pain in overworked muscles. Regardless of the type of pain we experience, we want relief. It's important to remember that pain serves an important purpose, letting us know that something is wrong and requires our attention.
According to the American definition from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), "Chronic pain is often defined as any pain lasting more than 12 weeks. While acute pain is a normal sensation that alerts us to possible injuries, chronic pain is entirely different. Chronic pain persists—often for months or even longer."
Pain that extends beyond the expected period of healing no longer serves its intended purpose and can be the result of emotional distress rather than the body's attempt to signal a physical problem.
We treat the whole person: body, mind and soul
- Our main goal is to identify and treat the underlying causes of chronic pain, which can be physical, psychological, genetic, biochemical, or social in nature.
- Upon arrival, we direct our clients to our partner clinic (Mannedorf Hospital), where they are under the care of our chief physicians and clinical directors for 2 to 7 days to safely detoxify from the substances they have been using. We ensure that clients do not experience seizures or discomfort related to withdrawal symptoms.
- During their hospitalization, clients undergo a comprehensive medical examination, including all necessary biochemical tests and psychiatric assessments. At the same time, an addiction specialist conducts consultations related to physical dependence, provides their assessment, and our orthomolecular medicine specialist conducts biochemical testing and assesses the client's lifestyle.
- Based on the results of these examinations, we develop a detailed treatment plan, which typically takes 1 to 3 months.
- Following this, you are accommodated in luxurious apartments or another agreed-upon place of residence, where you will be the sole client.
- The treatment for the underlying causes of drug addiction involves developing an individual composition of essential nutrients and amino acids to normalize any identified deficiencies, determined through biochemistry and neurochemistry analysis.
Treatment of chronic pain in Switzerland. If possible, without medications.
- Medications are prescribed only as a last resort when the symptoms are severe and do not respond to biochemical restoration and other forms of therapy. Our goal is to cleanse the patients' bodies of drugs and, equally importantly, without their side effects.
- When possible, we invite the most important members of the client's family to participate in a 2-day family therapy program during their treatment. While this is not mandatory, we strongly recommend it. Family members learn more about the disorders affecting their loved ones. This therapy can lead to family members deciding to seek treatment for their own issues related to dysfunctional behavior and pain.
- Aftercare is crucial for long-term recovery. It is relatively easy for clients to remain abstinent in a clinical setting, but they need to stay abstinent and continue their recovery after returning home. To address this, we have an aftercare support program, which may include the involvement of a coach or therapist who returns home with the client to support their reintegration into their normal environment with family, work, school, and friends. It is important that the therapist helps the client adapt their lifestyle to the recovery program.
- Other elements of the program may involve daily phone/Skype calls during the initial critical period and visits to Kusnacht Clinic (or home visits by one of our medical team members) initially on a monthly basis, then quarterly for the first year, and then less frequently until the end of the second year. Aftercare support can last from several days to up to 2 years, and when combined with 12-Step support groups, it significantly increases the likelihood of long-term recovery.
We work with clients to help them regain control over their symptoms, overcome trauma, and provide them with the skills necessary to free themselves from addictive behavior and thinking in their everyday lives. We use medications only as a last resort, making chronic pain treatment in Switzerland as beneficial as possible.
Stages of treatment for chronic pain in Switzerland
- Detoxification aims to rid the body of toxins that have accumulated from the environment, food, water, and medications. To achieve this goal, various methods are employed, all under medical supervision.
- Laboratory analyses are conducted to determine the biochemical and neurochemical imbalances of each client. Based on these results, we generate a computer-generated formula of micronutrients and amino acids to restore the biochemical and neurochemical balance. This formula is as unique as the client's fingerprints. The laboratory data is also used to determine the menu prepared by the client's personal chef to maximize the restoration of biochemical and neurochemical processes.
- The Balancing Life Project therapy is aimed at helping the client define their life goals.
- Psychotherapy is used to identify and treat the underlying psychological issues that led to addiction and other mental, personality, social, or family problems identified in the treatment plan. Psychotherapy may include:
- Cognitive treatment methods
- Clinical hypnotherapy / trance work
- Mindfulness practice
- Somatic experiences
- EMDR to remove triggers and stressors
- Positive psychology
- Family therapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) - the use of magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to alleviate symptoms of depression.
- My Brain SolutionsTM Therapy - scientifically developed computer exercises aimed at improving attention, memory, flexibility, reducing stress, and promoting positivity.
- Additional treatment methods include:
- Individual training
- Art and music therapy
- Satori chair sessions
- Alpha-Stim sessions for pain reduction, anxiety, depression, or insomnia
- Utilizing the spa at the Dolder Grand Hotel
- Diet and Lifestyle Tips
- An intensive psycho-educational program, including readings on relevant topics for each client and family member participating in the treatment program.
- Spiritual counseling.
- Two-day Family Therapy program.
- Providing an intensive program of post-treatment support for the client and their family, which often includes a mentor returning home with the client to help them adjust to their new life.